7.05.2007

They were ill

Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 4:46 pm, a text messages get into my cp twice from unknown number. “Ma’am, umuwi ka na raw sabi ng nanay mo, ang anak mo isinugod sa hospital“, this is how the message appeared. Hurriedly, I got my bag and get off the office without punching in my card in the machine after a call to the unknown number. The man in the line was not able to detail my kid’s situation; the only thing he assured me was it was Mikmik who rushed to the hospital. Fainted, I guess, this is how my colleagues described me after receiving that message. Loss of patience; more than an hour travel from work to the hospital, what could anyone expect? Another message came in “Six times vomiting pero ayaw ng nanay mong ipa admit, anong desisyon mo? Baka ma dehydrate, kawawa naman.” I want to burst into cry. I instructed the nurse, who happened to be my classmate and friend during my high school days, who sent me the message to do what is necessary for my princess, I agreed with the conditions over the phone wishing that everything will be of my baby’s benefits. 6:30 pm, Mikmik and I embraced each other in the hospital lobby. My princess looked pale and sickly. How this thing happened, I murmured, I had left her that morning in good condition, cannot trace any symptom that she was ill. Few kiss exchanged was enough before meeting the doctor, they were decided to confine my baby due to her Urinary Tract Infection in the level of 30 wherein the normal should be 0-2. But before that, Gina (the nurse) injected her two times that horrified my little princess every time Gina was coming inside her room for checking. I thought everything was fine after being released the next day but I was wrong. Wednesday, July 19, 2006, after dinner, Intan throws up his food over lavatory. My head was turning bulk like a balloon as I felt with the thought that it might be the same as Mikmik’s case. Fortunately, it happened only once that night until he ate his breakfast for his school, he did once again. I and my mother agreed to bring him into the hospital with my mother as his guardian, that time, I was not able to recover from stress and I have the feeling that me too needs to be hospitalize. The doctor found Intan acidic. He was advised to lessen oily and salty foods. There where my calvary taken its place. I can not imagine what should I prefer for his meal, he only ate fried and nothing else. But you know I was wrong. I judged him the way I knew him, as a kid, without thinking that he is nearly to be a man. Now, I do not have any problem for his food. He eats anything in the table, from the rays of vegetable to a bunch of fruit

No comments: