6.05.2007

I Am A Mother

I can’t remember writing a post about mother’s day last year nor trying to point some issues related to the topic. And even the mother day’s celebration last Sunday was out of my mind. There was no big event for us at home; it was an ordinary day with ordinary chores to deal with. But it doesn’t stop in that way, I was brought into a deep thinking about the celebration, a Mother’s Day Celebration.

I have questioned myself about the essence of the celebration, really I was confused. It has identified as “Mother’s Day” and as I understand the word itself, it is pertaining to a woman who has child or children that sacrifices a lot for the survival of her love ones. It is easy to understand that the celebration was addressed to your grandmother, to your mother, and to you. And maybe it’s for me, too. Yes, maybe. Let me check myself as a mother. For more than nine years of being a mother, I seldom evaluated my performances as my kids’ mom. Yet they never complained but do I have to wait for that matter before evaluating my actions.

As a mother my whole life is dedicated to my children.

I don’t want to see them crying, I don’t want them to be hurt.

I asked God to replace them whenever they are sick.

My first spoon of food is for them, I am ready to get starve.

I do fight for them in any case and occasion.

I can quit from work as they asked to, I am willing to be a SAHM.

I could be their nanny, tutor, and teacher if they want to.

On the hand, I don’t spoil my children. I teach them how to stand alone and do things solely. I never directly say that they are right over their arguments to anyone but explaining them the things in a manner they could catch up easily. I teach them how to say courteous words such as Excuse Me, Thank You, and Sorry, and the like, and to deliver forgiveness. I always inculcate to their minds that trials and problems are like a wind, no one could see, nor touch it but they can feel it and during such occasions, the strongest weapon to deal with is PRAYER and TRUST to GOD.

Of course, what I have written in this page are those positive things I have imparted with the kids. But no one is perfect; human has weak points that usually lead into troubles. In my case, I just say sorry to them during our talk. I believe that accepting my faults over them is a good example for them to follow.

Being a mother is the most challenging designation the Lord has assigned. It is like giving of a piece of land without anything planted on it. As a farmer, you have all the challenge to produce good harvest and quality products. That is, if you portray properly the task of being a farmer. The same thing of being a mother, planted good seed into your child’s heart; it will grow and produce goodwill, but planted a poor seed will lead to unknown destiny.

No comments: