1.17.2009

Traffic lights

Stop! Look! Listen! Remembering some pieces of advice from former teacher, especially when we are in the pre-school, sometimes makes us silently smile. And I always do the same thing. How can I forget the memory of my teacher when she was excitedly teach us, her students, the careful steps when we should have pass the street from one side to another side. She was kind of a jolly person, has the ability to make us laugh until our nose bubbles. What made me confused during that time was how can I use in actual scenario her teaching. During my childhood years, my family lives in a remote mountainous place where no car is passing but two jeepneys, as public transport, with morning and afternoon route. In my innosent mind the picture of what we call traffic jam is a puzzle neither the traffic lights. So how could I understand the lecture and internalize though? That was more than two decades ago, now the scenario is far different from what I'd been puzzled of. I exactly know the picture of traffic lights and traffic jams, all my eyes can see the different car models, from different car brand manufacturers. Cars that equipped with various accesories; elegance and comfort, ready to satisfy oneself while traveling together with his family. When I was kid, I never imagined that these private transport facilities could be as comfortable like this, that car seats can be flexible to answer transporter needs. From infant car seat carriers to infant toodler seats, a mother can be sure of safetiness for her children while in the road.

Those times had gone. I live in the big city right now, and have own car as well. My kids are likewise living differently the way I lived before, at their young age they are exposed in the luxurious way of life, enable to draw the exact picture of traffic jam, traffic lights and car.

No comments: